How to measure my blinds correctly?
The best way to measure your window blinds correctly is to have a metal tape measure to hand
(you can buy this in extras if you do not have one).
- Always start by measuring the WIDTH first followed by the DROP.
- Take a look at your window and decide were you are wanting the blinds or shutters to hang.
- Once you have decided were the blinds are going to go, check the window to see if there are any obstructions.
- Make sure you have a pen and paper to hand then start measuring the WIDTH in three places top-middle-bottom, write the smallest measurements down.
- Once you have measured the WIDTH then measuring the DROP, you have already decided were the blind is going to hang. So start measuring from the top of the window to the bottom of the window left-middle-right then write down the smallest measurement for verticals, roman’s, shutters & panel blinds.
- Note: The longest measurements are to be taken for aluminum venetians, wooden venetians & roller blinds.
- Note: If you are measuring your blinds to be fitted on the outside of your window, we recommend you allow 5cms either side and also 5cms for the drop.
- Once you have done this enter the measurements in the box to retrieve your quotation.
There are two options to choose from when ordering your blinds, Recess or Exact size. If you opted for recess we will deduct 10mm of the size you give us. If you opted for exact size we will make the blinds to the exact measurement given to us.
How to Measure for Perfect Fit Blinds?
Step1 – Measure glass size
Measure the width and the drop of your window glass size accurately with a metal tape measure. We recommend that you measure in both corners and the middle of your window and use the smallest size taken.
Step 2 – Measure window depth
Measure the depth of the window using a depth gauge or a tape measure. This gives you the measurements from the face of the window frame to the glass (this is normally 20mm-24mm) and will determine the size of the window fixing brackets you will use.
Step 3 – Window handles
Blinds fitted to windows with handles may require packing to be inserted between the framework and the handle. This is to stop the handle from touching the frame when operated. There are two different lengths available (65mm-77mm) please add to notes when ordering.
Down-loadable PDF's On How To Install Your New Blinds Correctly.
Please note; click on the product you are installing (this will open a new window), drag the image onto you desktop and open file. Print off to retrieve a hard copy which you can then carry to the window you fixing the blind at.
How to fit Aluminium Venetian Blinds
How to fit Vertical Blinds
How to fit Roller Blinds
How to fit Wooden Venetian Blinds
How to fit Roman Blinds
How to fit Panel Blinds (coming soon)
How to fit Internal Plantation Shutters
If you are still unsure on how to install your new blinds or shutters then please don't hesitate to contact us by emailing one of our Web Style Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 157 7687.